Restore and Care Tips for Marble
Marble is beautiful stone which is normally used for flooring and countertops. Many house owners are choosing this type of stone because it can add class and elegance to a property. But even though they are quite expensive, you may not want to hear their natural characteristics. Believe it or not, marbles are soft stone hence they can be easily scratch and damage. The good news today is that, there are simple ways to maintain them plus you could easily find solutions for cleaning and polishing them. Through cleaning them with proper solution, you will be able to protect the marbles from common damages. Continue reading this articles and be able to keep your marbles at home look good and beautiful just like the first day it was installed.
1. Sealing marbles is important. This is to give full-protection to marbles. Use a special-formulated sealant. In applying the sealant product, always use it following the directions or the instructions indicated on the product. In addition to that, according to the professionals, marbles are ought to be resealed at least once every one to two years.
2. Protect the marbles from damages such as scratches and stains. Liquid spills can cause stains and discolorations on marbles. In case there’s a spill happened, wipe the liquid as soon as possible. Avoid vinegar, coffee, tea sodas and juices spills on marble. These liquid certainly do have acid content. Placing doormats on every door and entrances at home can trap the dirt and other form of grime. Put place mats on the furniture especially on the leg of tables and chairs.
3. With the use of clean and fibre dust mop, dust the marble floors every day.
Image Gallery :
4. If needed, clean the entire marble surfaces with a clean soft cloth. Damp it into a solution with warm soapy water. Choose a mild liquid soap. Add few drops of it to some parts of warm water.
5. Polishing the marbles at home is indeed a tedious task. If in case, you fail with the do-it-yourself marble cleaning and polishing job, it is best to consult the professionals. Severely damaged and dulled marbles should be handled by the professionals because they need systematic and higher level approach of marble restoration service. Deeply scratched and stubborn discolorations on marble should be fixed by the professionals.
6. If you are unsure with the product or solution, do not apply it to the marbles for it could only cause permanent damages on the marbles.